Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tea Tuesdays

For some reason, this post did not publish last week as planned, so without further ado: the introduction for Tea Tuesdays!

Copious amounts of teas are consumed regularly at my house, so I thought it might be fun to start a weekly feature with some of my infusion related adventures.

Making herbal tea is a great way to add nourishing variety to your daily fare. Herbal teas, also known as tisanes or infusions, can be created purely for taste, or with a specific health supporting goal in mind.

One of the things I enjoy most about blending teas at home is being spontaneous and creative with what I have on hand. Therefore, I encourage you to experiment with improvisations of your own. Granted, I do have a spectacular amount of herbal material in my cabinet of curiosities, and my teas reflect that abundance. If you would prefer to replicate my concoctions exactly rather than develop wild experiments of your own, the ingredients should be easily available and very inexpensive either online or at your local health food store.

So, cozy up with your tea kettle and follow along on our tisane escapades every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment