Monday, June 25, 2012

Busy Week Ahead!

Last Wednesday was eagerly awaited. I rushed home from barn chores, and then dragged my feet to leave for the waitressing job, listening for the UPS truck. I was waiting ever so patiently- haha, ok, I was jumping up and down on the doorstep like a flying monkey, which got a repeat performance when I came home that afternoon and found that the package had finally arrived.    

Yes, I'm a total dork, and I get very excited when I have new herbal supplies. . .

This time, all the excitement was over:

Orange Peel Powder (for Herbal Kitchen Recipes)

Calamus Root (I was curious after reading Jim McDonald's article)

Elderberries (for Recipes and Extracts)

Easy Day Tea (I haven't had much time to mix up my own teas lately, and this one looked delicious!)

Honeybush Tea (really tasty- just be careful not to steep more than two or three minutes, otherwise it looses all the flavor and just tastes astringent)

Twenty-Four 4 oz bottles, with screw top lids (I decided to try these instead of droppers this time. Droppers and I get along less than famously)

Other than the teas, I had to wait until this weekend to dig into the order, so it's been tidily arranged on the counter waiting for me.

Yesterday I was able to press out those extracts that have been lurking beneath my counter since October of last year, and also the Liriodendron extract. 

Other than that, I haven't been up to much this past week- at least not herbally speaking. There haven't been any new and interesting weeds begging to be written about, and I haven't done any heavy reading.

I have been very busy on the personal and work front, and it looks like that will continue, but I hope to have good news on that soon!

Have a great week!
Agatha

No comments:

Post a Comment