Monday, March 5, 2012

Herbal Sprinkle Blends

My hubby gave me some cute owl salt and pepper shakers for valentines day. I decided to fill them with herbal sprinkle blends from The Herbal Kitchen by Kami McBride.

Here they are with the adorable frog Sumac shaker that also graces my kitchen counter. Aren't they adorable?


The blue owl has the Peppermill Blend (juniper, coriander and black peppercorns).

The pink owl has the Red Powder blend (Rose hips, Hawthorn, and rosepetals, sans the orange peel called for in the original recipe because I didn't have any.)

Having some interesting spice blends on hand makes even our last-minute, thrown together meals much more exciting. I love the Peppermill Blend on red lentils, and the Red Powder Blend is really nice on scrambled eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment