Sunday, October 16, 2011

Beebalm Extract is Delicious

I just thought everyone would like to know, Beebalm extract is delicious. Traditionally, it has a reputation for use with 'drawing out fire' such as in the case of actual burns or burning sensations (like urinary tract infections and joint paint); also as being a nervine. I was introduced to the plant as a garden flower a number of years ago, and was always fascinated by the unique flowers and lovely scent. I was delighted to read about it in Matthew Wood's 'The Book of Herbal Wisdom', and decided that I wanted to make an extract. The extract is not, as far as I know, available commercially, but I purchased a plant from Horizon Herbs and it grew quite happily in a container on my patio all summer, with a harvest yielding a six oz bottle of extract. Among it's other uses,  I am also looking forward to having it on hand for sunburns, skin problems, and nervine related attitude adjustments.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment